CEP 811 has been a wonderful learning experience. My knowledge of technology has grown drastically in the past 8 weeks. One of the main things that has supported this is being exposed to a variety of new online resources that I didn’t know existed before this class. This class encouraged me to learn about new programs like weebly, zoho, and BlogSpot and use them to create professional resources. I feel like I have a firm foundation for how to integrate technology in the classroom to build upon as I continue through the Master’s program. This class has taught me a lot about instructional strategies and how these can be embedded into technology as it is used in the classroom. I have also learned using web-based technologies in the classroom greatly expands the resources available for technology integration in the classroom. I have learned so many things this semester that in addition to meeting my previous goals, I have a new set of goals based on my new understanding of technology
I really enjoyed how this class included lectures about instructional strategies. Listening to these was a great reminder of the different teaching strategies and helped me be aware of instructional strategies as I learned about technology resources and created my own resources. The main thing that I learned is that teaching strategies and technology do not need to be independent of each other. In order to maximize student learning, it is best to embed instructional strategies in technology as you teach the curriculum. In this case the students learn the content as they are interacting with technology and learning technology skills at the same time. This concept was significant for me. I really connected with the information about constructivism and project based learning. It will by my goal to use these instructional approaches as I use technology in the classroom.
In CEP 811 we learned a lot about web based technologies. My eyes were open to many online programs that can be used with students that I never knew before. Before this class I would use the internet in my classroom to find games for my students to play. I thought that this was an effective use of technology. I still think that online games are valuable resources, but now I know about so many other web based technology resources that I can use to integrate technology in a much more powerful way. For example I learned how using blogs in the classroom can be an instructional tool. I also learned that students can use programs like zoho to create collaborative projects. This class has given me great knowledge base for how to use web based technologies in the classroom in meaningful ways in order to meet content standards.
By working through the sessions I have met some of my previous goals. I now know what web 2.0 is and about a variety of online programs that exist because of this technology. I also have a better understanding of the need for online security and privacy. I have also met my goals because I have learned about a variety of online programs. My new goals are that I learn how to use these programs well and see these programs through the eyes of an educator. It is my goal that I would learn how to use online programs in more advanced ways so that I can create more meaningful resources for my students. I also intend to start using online programs that offer collaboration such as zoho or Google docs. in my classroom with my students. This class has opened my eyes to so many ways to use technology in the classroom. It is my goal that I would be very purposeful in integrating technology that works in my setting with my available resources. As I look to the future it is my intention that I will slowly start reforming how I use technology in the classroom. I want the resources that I choose to be done well to best promote student learning rather than overwhelm myself and my students with too much change all at once.
I am glad that this class has been a good experience and has provided resources for you to use in teaching and learning.
ReplyDelete