Sunday, March 6, 2011

We choose to use PowerPoint to deliver our Professional Development tutorial. We choose this because this program is so user friendly and offers lots of practical functions like uploaded a video or screencast. Also everyone in our group was familiar with using it. Since we had 6 members, it was best to use a program that everyone knew how to use. I also like using PowerPoint because it appears that it is compatible with most other programs. For example it is very easy to embed a PowerPoint presentation in a blog posting. Even though PowerPoint is not a newer resource, I think that it is so well developed that it great choice to use for a presentation.
During the development of the final product, I learned that it is difficult to collaborate with 6 people. This is such a large number of people to come together on a final project. It is difficult to find time to communicate with all members. I think that we handled it well, but it was a challenge to align 6 different thought processes and 6 different approaches into a final project. Communicating just using the Internet makes this especially difficult. But it was a great learning experience for how to do such large group collaboration.
If I were to develop a similar product again, I would schedule weekly meetings with skype or another communicating tool. I think that just posting comments on a discussion forum doesn't allow for effective and complete communication. It would have been a good idea to set a weekly meeting time so that everyone could have gotten together to discuss our progress of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment