This blog is a collection of my work in my educational technology courses for my Master's at Michigan State University.
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Web Conferencing-Group 3
Group 3 held a team meeting using Vyew. The picture above is a screenshot of our meeting. I recorded the meeting using JING. I am trying to figure out how to upload the file to my blog. The meeting went well. We struggled using the program. None of us had ever used Vyew before. We couldn't figure out how to record the session. Also our microphones didn't work that well and the chat screen was very small so it was hard to keep up with the conversation.We were able to create a shared document as we chatted. We used this to record the decisions that we made about our project. I didn't like the how the program let you add to the document. You had to write your comment in a text box. The text box wouldn't always line up with the rest of the text. It was confusing and led to a messy document. If I were going to use a video conferencing program in my classroom, I don't think that I would use Vyew. Even though it was free, we had a lot of complications with it. I think that the discussion time of the meeting could have been cut in half had we been using a program that functioned better. However we made the most of our resources and accomplished our goals. We decided that we would focus on Group Leadership Project on Google docs. and Google Presenter. We assigned roles to each of the group members and created a timeline for accomplishing our tasks. Overall it was a successful meeting. I think that in the future I would stick with a program like SKYPE as a web conferencing tool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Karey,
ReplyDeleteI'm curious if you have used Skype before and what the major differences were. Since I've never used Skype, I'm afraid it could be just as frustrating.
I agree with you that Vyew was very frustrating, especially since were weren't able to record it. I am also having trouble posting the Jing recording to my blog.