This blog is a collection of my work in my educational technology courses for my Master's at Michigan State University.
Monday, February 21, 2011
Wicked Problem Project Part C Implementation
I have been working with 3rd grade students to implement my solution to my wicked problem. This is a podcast I created to explain how my project is progress.
Great job on the pdocast. I can tell that your students seem very excited with the thought of creating a videocast/podcast and being able to help out fellow students who are not in the classroom for instruction. Just a couple of thoughts...first, are you going to incorperrate this into their grades for card markings, or is this just a participation grade? Second, are all students going ot be able to create a podcast, or is it a select few? If the later, how are the select few chosen, the ones who underestand the material well? Just a couple of thoughts... :)
I was thinking you could start the project with students who tend to be above grade level. This could be a challenge for them and give them something to do if they finish their assignments early. It can also give provide them with higher level thinking skills such as problem-solving, summarizing, visual representations, teaching/learning strategies, etc.
Karey,
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the pdocast. I can tell that your students seem very excited with the thought of creating a videocast/podcast and being able to help out fellow students who are not in the classroom for instruction. Just a couple of thoughts...first, are you going to incorperrate this into their grades for card markings, or is this just a participation grade? Second, are all students going ot be able to create a podcast, or is it a select few? If the later, how are the select few chosen, the ones who underestand the material well? Just a couple of thoughts... :)
Great job so far...
Kris
I was thinking you could start the project with students who tend to be above grade level. This could be a challenge for them and give them something to do if they finish their assignments early. It can also give provide them with higher level thinking skills such as problem-solving, summarizing, visual representations, teaching/learning strategies, etc.
ReplyDelete